Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Brotherhood

Stonewall Union, having been gently rebuffed by our fair and wise Mayor of Santa Cruz, Samuel, turned toward me as the current Leader of the Owls, seeking a mutual alliance between our two nations. Their Leader, King Steven, approached me directly, and I could tell by his words that he was an honorable man - a true gentleman. And the Stonewallers were known across Iota for being brave warriors and noble people.

That evening, I met with all the rulers of Owl Country at the grand meeting room in Tiger Sauce. The weird moon cast an eldritch light over us as we discussed King Steven's proposition.

Highwinder, of Fourside, was the first to speak. He stood and roused our passions with a moving speech about brotherhood in times of war. "My fellow Owls," he declared, "this is a meeting which could only have been ordained by the Fates themselves!"

Here, here! The others quickly agreed, and we raised our cups in unanimous decision and then feasted merrily upon wild boar and sumptuous Cukios fruit. The next day I set sail for Everlast to conclude the pact with the Stonewallers, bringing a few hundred caskets of Owl Country wine with me as a gift for King Steven.

And lo, did two powerful Empires join together to fight for a better world.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE OWL! '(o)v(o)'

1 comment:

Jwolfstorm said...

Great move. I'm sure we're going to be needing their support later on in our conquest.